Restore A Thicker, Fuller Hairline
OUR HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
Anyone, men and women, can struggle with hair loss or hair thinning, which significantly affects a person’s self-esteem. If you’re seeing bald patches or thinning hair you may be experiencing hair loss.
The cause of hair loss is different and specific to each person. We recommend treating the loss of hair early on before you have lost a lot of hair. At Oasis Dermatology, we can help examine, diagnose, and treat your hair loss. Our team will explore hair treatment options and decide on the best one for you.
Finding The Best Hair Loss Cure
CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN MEN & WOMEN
Deciding on the right hair loss cure begins with understanding its causes. There’s a long list of reasons for hair loss that can vary from one person to another. Here’s a comprehensive list of the most common causes of hair loss:
- Secondary Syphilis
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Frequent changes in hairstyles
- Autoimmune disease
- Extreme weight loss
- Radiation Therapy
- Extreme Weight Loss
- PCOS in women
- Thyroid problems
- Poor nutrition
- Bacterial and Fungal Infections
- Lichen Planus
With the help of our expert dermatology professionals, most causes of hair loss can be treated and stopped. We offer a variety of treatment options that can help you address your hair concerns. Contact us today for the best hair treatment for hair loss.
Every Strand Counts
MEN’S HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
Hair loss in men is commonly referred to as balding. This condition ranges from mild hair thinning to severe and progressing balding. The most common cause of balding in men include the following:
A huge percentage of men experience balding due to high levels of stress. It pushes the hair follicles into resting phase, causing the hair to fall out faster than its regrowth.
Androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness is a heritable condition. It’s important to know if you have a family history of hair loss.
- Unhealthy Lifestyle
Smoking, lack of sleep, and inadequate diet may cause premature balding.
Radiation therapy’s side effects include hair thinning, balding, and hair loss. Once the treatment, hair usually grows back.
- Underlying Medical Conditions
Some medical conditions like thyroid problems, high blood pressure, anemia, and alopecia also contribute to hair loss.
Balding doesn’t happen overnight. You’ll notice some signs of baldness over the years. Typical symptoms include:
- Hair recession or thinning in your hairline. This often begins at the forehead, resembling the letter M in shape.
- Patchy bald spots may start to appear. This symptom is often linked to alopecia areata and may cause discomfort and scalp itchiness.
- Excessive hair loss while brushing or showering. You’ll notice losing large clumps of hair.
- Slow hair growth or growth stops altogether.
Oasis Dermatology cares for your hair. We offer a wide range of men’s hair loss treatments, from corrective cures to hair replacement. Here are a few ways to reduce the effects of hair loss and keep your hair growing healthily:
- Start a healthy lifestyle. We suggest getting a well-balanced diet rich in omega-3 and other vitamins. Sleeping well and avoiding smoking and drinking are also recommended.
- Manage stress levels. Think of healthy ways to cope with stress so your hair won’t suffer.
- PRP injections. For male pattern baldness, we usually suggest PRP injetions to prevent hair loss and promote growth of new hair.
- Other oral medications such as Finasteride.
Bring Back Your Luscious Locks
WOMEN’S HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
The cause of hair loss in women can be classified into three key areas: lifestyle changes, hormonal, and medical.
Any drastic change in your lifestyle may affect your hair and body. Diet and exercise are two important factors in keeping your hair healthy. Avoid dehydration, high alcohol consumption, and excessive smoking as they affect your overall health.
Increased stress levels can also result in excessive hair fallout or thinning and excessive hairstyling and other treatment.
Hormonal changes are expected in women especially after childbirth or in menopausal stages. A drop in estrogen in women results in hair follicles falling out. Hair is also prone to breakage during these times.
Medical conditions such as alopecia, anemia, thyroid problems, and PCOS contribute significantly to why women experience hair loss. Medication and medical treatments like chemotherapy also result in hair loss.
While hair shedding is generally not harmful because hair is a woman’s crowning glory, hair fall will be upsetting and frustrating for women. The most important step in finding the perfect hair loss treatment for women is identifying its cause. Dr. Ahluwalia and our team can help diagnose your condition so we can address your hair concern sooner.
Some of the best hair loss treatments for females that we offer are as follows:
- Minoxidil is the only FDA-approved drug that treats female baldness.
- Steroid treatments may be suggested for hair regrowth.
- Laser therapy helps stimulate hair follicles and is effective in treating alopecia.
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy – a three-step medical treatment that triggers natural hair growth.
- Other oral medications such as Spironolactone and/or OCPs
Talk to our board-certified dermatologist to know more about appropriate treatments for your hair concerns.
If you have thin hair or it’s thinner than before, here are some hair care tips to prevent breakage and stimulate hair growth.
- Go for a shorter hairstyle.
- Avoid chemical hair treatments.
- Try alternative hairstyles that do not put a strain on your hair roots.
- Practice scalp care, like using gentle hair products, doing scalp scrub, and avoiding excessive hair washing.